Terms and conditions
Welcome to our website, getslick.com ("Website") and to the Slick software (the “Apps”). The Website and our Apps are provided by Belle Newco Ltd, a company registered in England under company number 10816660 and VAT number 284819461 and whose registered office is at Northcliffe House, Young Street, London, England, W8 5EH ("Slick", "us", "we" or "our" for short). "You" and "your" means you as the user of our Website or our Apps. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use our Website or our Apps.
About our terms
- These Terms and Conditions explain how you may use this Website, https://www.getslick.com/, and Slick’s software as integrated into our Apps.
- You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Website and Apps.
- By accessing or using the Website or Apps or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the documents referred to in them. By using our Website and/or our Apps, you confirm that you accept all these Terms and Conditions set out herein and that you agree to comply with them regardless of whether you choose to register with us and/or make a booking with us.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website and Apps immediately.
- If you have any questions about our Website and Apps, please contact us by:
1. e-mail at email@example.com. Emails will be responded to Monday to Friday 9 am to 6 pm, or
2. telephone 01202 286005. Calls will be answered, e.g., Monday to Friday: 9 am to 6 pm
Using the Website and Apps
- The Website and Apps are for your personal use if you are a Customer of one of our Clients, and for your commercial use if you are one of our Clients.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
1. all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Website and Apps; and
2. keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- We seek to make the Website and Apps as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using either of them or both, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the Live Chat bubble available at www.getslick.com
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Website or Apps if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
- By using our Website as a Client, you are providing us with data on your Customers. You agree to provide us with access to Customer Data for the purposes of providing the Website and App services, supporting your use of the Website and Apps, contacting Customers on your behalf and Contacting Customers for our own business purposes. Customer Data is your responsibility, and you are responsible for ensuring it is accurate, up to date and responding to any requests about the Customer Data from your client. Customer data can be removed by deleting it from within the application. It is the Users responsibility to ensure they comply with their obligations under the GDPR, including marketing communication preferences.
- Customer Data remains your property and the property of all named Directors of your company. We will never share your Customer Data with other salons, other companies or any third parties without your permission or where it is lawful for us to do so under the GDPR and DPA.
- It is your responsibility to ensure a reliable, adequate and active Wifi internet connection in order to access the Website and/or App. Slick is not responsible for your Wifi connection nor is liable for any damages or potential loss of earnings caused by a disruption to this connection.
Your privacy and personal information
Our website and apps
- Materials and information posted on our Website or our Apps are not intended as advice and should not be relied upon as such. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information to the fullest extent permissible by all applicable laws.
Password and account security
- You are responsible for the safety and security of your password and log-in details once they have been supplied to you. To help protect against unauthorised access to your account you are advised to store your email(s) and password(s) safely and securely. Please ensure that your password is not one you have used before and we recommend that you sign out of your account after each session.
- If you suspect that unauthorised access has been made to your account you must notify us immediately by contacting Slick directly via Customer Support Software.
- Notwithstanding any other terms pertaining to our right to disable or block access to your account, we reserve the right to disable or block your account at any time where it is suspected that unauthorised access has been made to your account.
Pricing and billing
- Slick reserves the right to charge for the use of the platform. Full pricing can be viewed here. Prices remain at the discretion of The Company. All prices quoted on www.getslick.com and all quotes are excluding VAT.
- Slick offers the ability to process consumer payments for appointments on behalf of the salon. Payments are processed through the Slick platform via an integration with our payments partner Stripe.
When a customer of the salon pays for an appointment via Slick, a transaction processing fee of 2.17% + 27p per transaction excluding VAT will be deducted from that payment and the remainder will be transferred to the salon by Stripe in a 2 day payout.
These fees are solely related to the processing of the payment; ie they are not additional booking fees or commission.
- Your account will be activated and billable from the day card details are entered which is your ‘Go Live’ date.
- Your Go Live date will activate your free SMS reminders and enable Online booking and SMS marketing features for your account
- Payment is taken on the first day of the subsequent month with invoices available via email and within our App.
- Slick reserves the right to terminate access to your account within 24 hours notice if outstanding monthly invoices aren’t paid within the period stated on the outstanding invoice.
- All invoice queries should be directed to email@example.com. All replies will be dealt within 48 hours.
- Slick reserves the right to increase or decrease its prices with 14 days notice of the effective date change. Changes will be applied to all users with the exception of those who have a signed a fixed price contract. All fixed price offers last a minimum of 12 months from start date and will be reviewed annually thereafter.
- Annual billing is quoted based on the information provided at time of sign up. Whilst we do allow tolerance for increase number of stylists and activity, in the case of excessive usage or providing false information then Slick reserves the right to charge you an extra £10 + VAT per column at each annual review.
- Pay as you go features such as payment processing fees and SMS marketing are excluded from ALL Fixed Contracts, Beta Contracts & Ambassador Contracts unless stated otherwise and will be billed monthly.
- By opting into the Auto-client connect feature, you agree that should your SMS balance reach 0 and your account has unsent messages, then the system will automatically top up your SMS balance with a bundle of 100 texts at £6 + VAT until there is sufficient credit to send the queued messages. The system will auto top up to a £150 + VAT monthly spend cap
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expense incurred by using our Website or Apps. No refunds shall be provided for any user error or failure to opt out of any pay as you go modules you have activated or additional columns purchased
- Subscriptions are billed monthly through our payment partner Stripe. As card details are held securely by Stripe, we have no access to your card or any other related information. We do not accept any liability for any financial loss or data breach arising from failures of third party providers such as Stripe.
- Slick subscriptions are due for any active account irrespective of usage. No refunds or credit will be issued for any period of inactivity or non-usage. It is your responsibility to ensure that your account usage and billing is correct and that your account status reflects your business requirements.
- Subscription plans can be downgraded at any time during the month but will take effect for the next billing cycle
- Online training is provided free of charge on the first day of usage. Ongoing customer support is included in the monthly subscription and is limited to educational support and training on Slick. Customer Support does not include Hardware or Technical support for your device or WiFi.
- Additional in-salon training can be provided however this is chargeable at the prevailing rate depending on location and travel time.
Setup and data transfer
- Slick can support a user in transferring data across from an existing system into Slick. This service is optional.
- The fees payable for this service are available here and are non-refundable. Payment must be completed before any agreed works take place.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for checking these appointments versus your current system. Any discrepancies must be flagged to Slick within 24 hours of training.
- Future appointments are defined as all appointments including repeat appointments for 12 months from Training date or Go Live date which is the date you receive Training and enter card details.
- Slick will import and map the provided client information into Slick. You agree that you are solely responsible for providing this information and ensuring its accuracy.
- As Data Processor, Slick shall not be responsible for any manipulation or checking of client data during the data import process. It is your responsibility to ensure the client data uploaded is correct and accurate.
- You agree to meet the minimum system requirements to run your Slick account. These can be viewed here
- If you fail to meet these requirements, Slick can not be held responsible for any issues relating to the performance of your account
- All Users purchasing subsidised “Hardware” (computer through Slick agree to use & pay for the system for a minimum of 12 months from training date)
- Users can terminate this agreement 30 days before the end of the 12 month period by notifying Slick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slick does not offer any warranty outside of standard manufacturer’s warranty on any hardware purchased.
- If there is an issue or defect with the hardware you will need to contact the manufacturer of the device to arrange repairs or replacement under their warranty.
Terminating your use of Slick
- Users reserve the right to cancel at any time unless under Contract. Access to your Slick account will be terminated 48 hours after notice has been received.
- After this date, your account will be made inactive and there will be no further access or support so any data that you wish to extract will need to be taken prior to this date.
- It is the account holders responsibility to ensure that you have run any final reports that you may need from the system. All reports can be downloaded within the reporting function of Slick.
- Should further access to the Website be required after that period you will be required to pay £30 +VAT admin charge.
- If an account is to be closed and there are outstanding invoices, Slick reserves the right to terminate access to your account with 24 hours notice if invoices aren’t paid. Slick reserves the right to withhold all company data until all outstanding invoices are paid.
- Should an Account under Contract withhold payment, Slick reserves the right to charge the outstanding value of the contract in full
- All accounts must be closed by completing the Account Closure form by contacting Customer Support who will arrange a 1-2-1 call to discuss your concerns and start the account closure process which can be accessed at www.getslick.com/account-closure
- Any requests to close accounts submitted by other means will not be processed. Your account will remain open and active until the Account Closure form has been completed.
- Your final bill will be taken within 48 hours after notice has been received of the Account Closure form. Your bill will be invoiced in full irrespective of usage with no pro-rating for usage in the final month.
Breach of conditions
- Slick retains the right to terminate your use of the Website and/or App for any breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein or any other inappropriate or illegal activity which we deem a misuse of the software provided by Slick.
- Notice of termination will be given in writing, all access to the software will be revoked within 24 hours.
Misuse of our website or our apps
- You must not misuse our Website and/or our Apps by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material, programme or code which adversely affects the operation of any computer software or hardware (or is designed to do so); and/or gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to the server on which our Website or our Apps are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website or our Apps; and/or attacking our Website or our Apps via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Breach of this clause might constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website and our Apps will cease immediately.
- If you are aged 18 years old or over, you may create an account and become a registered user of the Website and our Apps (“User").
- As a User you may have access to additional products or services and/or functionality, for example, the ability to create an account, save contact information onto the Website or via our Apps, and receive information about promotions and special offers which are restricted to Users, if any.
- Any personal information that you provide to us in the course of becoming a User or after registration will be held and used in accordance with any consent obtained from you and the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- All Users are required to conduct themselves appropriately in relation to the Website and/or Apps.
- Any behavior deemed inappropriate by Slick will result in immediate termination of the agreement as detailed in Breach of Conditions section.
- Inappropriate behavior may include but is not limited to: abuse, harassment, threats, intimidation of any person related to or affiliated with Slick disclosing personal or proprietary information of another User or person affiliated with Slick disclosing any logins, passcodes, access or sensitive information to the Website and/or Apps to a person unrelated to or not affiliated with Slick accessing or attempting to access any unauthorised information or area within the Website and/or Apps which you are not permitted to access engaging in or contributing to any illegal activity that violates the rights of others or the rights or terms of Slick use of derogatory, discriminatory or excessively graphic language providing false, misleading or inaccurate information hacking or modifying (or passing any information to any third party which may result in the hacking or modifying) of the Website and/or Apps or violation or attempt to violate the security of the Website and/or Apps implying or pretending to be affiliated with a company or organisation with which you are not affiliated, or misrepresenting the extent of your affiliation or role with an affiliated company or organisation.
- You acknowledge that Belle Newco Ltd owns the intellectual property rights to any part of the Website and Apps including but not limited to the design, artwork, functionality and documentation.
- You may not copy, modify or reverse engineer any part of the Website and/or Apps owned by Belle Newco Ltd.
- You may only view, print out, use, quote from and cite the Website and the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use and on the condition that you give appropriate acknowledgement to Slick.
- Nothing in the above licence impairs or restricts any author's moral rights in respect of the Materials.
- We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Website, our Apps and the Materials and your use of the Website. Our Apps and the Materials is subject to the following restrictions.
- You must not: remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Materials; and/or use any Materials from the Website or our Apps in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right or proprietary right of us or any third parties; and/or use, or cause others to use, any automated system or software to extract content or data from this Website or via our Apps ("screen scraping"), except in cases where you or any applicable third party has entered into a written licence agreement directly with us that expressly permits such activity; and/or reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame (or use any other browser or border environment), communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or exploit this Website, our Apps and/or the Materials for any commercial purpose, without our prior written consent by way of a licence agreement.
- We expressly reserve all rights in and to the https://getslick.com domain name and all related domains and sub-domains.
Linking to our Website
- You may link to any page of the Website, for non-commercial purposes provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage of it.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the linking site must not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, any copyright notice, or other information published on the Website.
- Our Website must not be framed or be subjected to any other browser or border environment on any other site.
Privacy, your personal data and cookies
Third party content and third party websites
- Our Website and our Apps may contain advertising submitted by third parties. Such third parties are solely responsible for the content of such advertising and for ensuring that it complies with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- We do not accept any responsibility for the content of any third party advertising. Our Website, our Apps and/or the Materials may contain links to third party websites (including those of our Partners).
- If you decide to visit any third party site, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable directly or indirectly for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites or the standard of goods or services available through or on such websites.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, links do not imply that we are, or our Website or our Apps are, affiliated to or associated with such sites.
- Our communications with you may contain information sourced from third party websites. Material from a third party site will be marked as such and a link to the source website may be provided.
- We accept no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from our communications with you, or any use of personal data by such a third party.
- The inclusion of any link in our communications with you does not imply endorsement by us of the linked site.
- If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Please remember that when you use a link to go from our Website or our Apps to another website, our Terms and Polices (including our Privacy & Cookies Policy) will no longer be applicable.
- Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which are linked to ours, is subject to that website’s own terms and Conditions. Please read those terms and Conditions before proceeding.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website or our Apps.
- In particular, we do not represent or warrant that the Website or our Apps will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. You must take your own precautions in this respect.
- In any event, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or our Apps.
- We do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the Website or our Apps and/or late or failed delivery of any Materials. Please note that we only provide our Website and our Apps for domestic and private use, and you agree not to use our Website or our App for any commercial or business purposes unless we have approved you as a Partner.
- We do not accept any liability for the following types of loss, even if the loss is foreseeable: loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or waste of management of office time.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or data breach arising from failures of third party providers such as Stripe.
- The Materials may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Materials.
Legal compliance and applicable law